background

Saturday, January 26, 2013

3 Week Update

Well after 3 weeks we still aren't living in the house.  They have finished the floors and most of the baseboards and crown molding.  They also added the drywall where the wood paneling was and to the kitchen ceiling.  They still have more sanding and painting to do and hopefully they will be able to start on the cabinets by Wednesday.  Keep your fingers crossed!

Our new header and post.
 The cutest construction worker.
 Finished floors, baseboards and crown molding.
The wood panel wall.  This is such a small change but seems so drastic to me after looking at the ugly paneling for 8 years.  I love it!
New recessed lighting in the kitchen.  I got an email about my pendant lights for the breakfast bar yesterday.  For those that don't know - they came damaged back in the beginning of December.  I went through the return process and was then told they were backordered until January 20th.  I sent them an email on the 23rd asking for the status and was told they would ship on the 30th.  Now I got an email saying they are backordered until February 15th!  Very frustrating.
 New beam and post with drywall.

No comments:

Post a Comment